Travis County Emergency Services District 8
Board of Commissioners Meeting
TRAVIS COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 8
October 21, 2019
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Board of Commissioners of Travis County Emergency Services District No. 8 will be held on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6:30 p.m., at Station 801, located at 801 Bee Creek Road, Spicewood, Texas 78669, for the following purposes:
1.Call meeting to order;
2.Public Comment: Members of the public may speak for up to three (3) minutes regarding general topics or specific agenda items. In accordance with the Texas Attorney General's opinion, any public comment that is made on an item that is not onthe published final agenda will only be heard by the Board of Commissioners. No formal action, discussion, deliberation, nor comment will be made by the Board of Commissioners;
3.Approval of Minutes from September 30, 2019 Board Meeting;
4.Discuss/review and consider taking action regarding Interlocal Agreement between ESD 8 and ESD 16.
5.Discuss and consider taking action regarding Station 802.
6.Receive report from treasurer and consider taking related action, including:
a.Approval of monthly bills and invoices, including processing of payroll;approval on checks, including:
b.Approval of financial report;
c.Review of district investments and investment report; and
d.Review and approve quarterly investment reports;
7.Discuss and consider engagement of an auditor to perform following year audit;
8.Report Completed Training for Commissioners to County Commissioners to County Commissioners Court and County Attorney;
9.Discuss and consider attendance at Texas State Association of Fire and Emergency Services District (SAFE-D) Annual Conference in 1st Quarter of next year;
10. Discuss and consider action on Personnel Handbook.
11. Receive monthly report from the Fire Chief regarding emergency operations, response times, call volume, training, management activities and personnel and consider taking related action.
12. Receive monthly report from the District's attorney regarding pending litigation matters,contract issues, and legislative efforts and consider taking related action;
13. Receive report from Pedernales Association of Firefighters regarding fund raising efforts, social and membership events, and unresolved issues discussed at the Chief/Association/Board (aka "CAB") Committee meeting;
14. Discuss and consider action on Fire Chief’s annual performance evaluation;
15. Discuss agenda, time and date for next meeting;
A packet containing all supportive documentation for this agenda is available for inspection at 801 Bee Creek Road, Spicewood, Texas 78669, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
John J. Carlton, Attorney for
Travis County Emergency Services District No. 8
The Board may retire to Executive Session any time between the meeting's opening and adjournment for any purpose authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, including but not limited to: consultation with legal counsel (Section 551.071 of the Texas Government Code); personnel matters (Section 551.074) and/or discussion of real estate acquisition (Section 551.072). Action, if any, will be taken in open session.
Travis County Emergency Services District No. 8 is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. Please call Kristy Quigley, Secretary for Travis County Emergency Services District No. 8 at (512) 264-1476 for information. Hearing impaired or speech disabled persons equipped with telecommunication devices for the deaf may utilize the statewide Relay Texas Program by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-735-2988.