The Pedernales Fire Department / Travis County ESD 8 is always looking volunteers and full time / part time Firefighters. The application below is to be filled out completely; once submitted, we will review to see if applicant is the right fit for our crew.
The following is an application for a position with the Pedernales Fire Department. Please keep the following in mind while completing the application.
1. Please read each question and all instructions carefully while completing the application.
2. If a question does not apply to you, please enter N/A in the space.
3. Applications not properly completed will not be accepted. You will be judged in part on the neatness, spelling, and completeness of this application. To start the process of becoming employed with the Pedernales Fire Department, please fill each space in this form. This form will be kept on file for one year. If qualified for an open position, you will be contacted to proceed through the hiring process.
4. If you have any questions, please contact by phone (512-264-1476) or visit our web site: www.pedernalesfd.org. A member of the Department will contact you after reviewing your application.
Read all of the automatic disqualifiers before completing your application. Any of the following will disqualify the applicant from further consideration during any state of the process.
Important: If you are not sure if any of the automatic disqualifiers pertain to you, you are required to submit a detailed letter explaining the circumstances in question.
Any of the following will disqualify the applicant from further consideration during any stage of the process.
1. Failure to submit an application by the required notified deadline date.
2. Failure to submit any subsequent required documentation or information by the required notified deadline date.
Any of the following will disqualify the applicant from further consideration during any state of the process.
1. Having a conviction for, or being under indictment for, or currently charged with any felony offense (not eligible to apply).
2. Having any conviction for any Class A or Class B misdemeanor offense, or currently being under indictment for, or currently charged with any Class A or B misdemeanor offenses (within the past 5 years).
3. Being under indictment or charged with any Class A or Class B misdemeanor offense prior to date of submitting your application that is still pending.
4. Having a conviction for driving under the influence (DWI / DUI) (within the past 5 years). Or being under indictment for, or currently charged with driving under the influence (DWI / DUI) prior to the date of submitting your application that is still pending. Or having more than one conviction for driving under the influence (DWI / DUI)
5. Currently serving community supervision/ probation for any offense. For the purposes of the above requirements, a person is considered convicted of an offense when an ADJUDICATION OF GUILT is entered against said person by a court of competent jurisdiction, or a PLEA OF GUILTY is entered, including situations where:
5a. The sentence is subsequently probated and the person is discharged from probation.
5b. Deferred adjudication is granted.
6. An excessive record of traffic convictions or negligent traffic collisions is defined as: 1. Involvement as a driver in two or more motor vehicle accidents (within the past 3 years) where the applicant’s actions contributed to the accident in any way, whether or not citations were issued. 2. Convictions for more than two moving violations within the past 3 years. 3. A driver’s license suspension within the past 3 years for: • DWI • Failure to carry liability insurance • For any reason that would indicate poor driving behavior.
Having been discharged from military service with a DISHONORABLE discharge or a General Discharge indicating:
1. Bad conduct
2. Any other characterization indicating bad character
Drug Use Disqualifiers
1. Illegal use of Marijuana in the past 3 years.
2. Illegal use of any controlled substance or illegal drug, other than Marijuana, within the past 3 years.
3. Having a police record of illegal drug usage or having illegally furnished any illegal or dangerous drug to another.
1. Being a member of any organization that advocates the overthrow of a governmental agency by force of violence.
2. Currently, have belonged to, or been closely associated with any organization which advocates or engages in unlawful conduct directed at individuals or groups based upon the individual’s or group’s race, sex, religion, national origin, age, skin color, sexual preference, disability, or conduct otherwise commonly known as “Hate Crimes”.
3. Making any false statement of fact, being deceptive by statement or omission in this application, or by any means in any part of the hiring process will result in disqualification and may be grounds for future dismissal.
Thank you for your interest in the Pedernales Fire Department. Application is as follows: